Externalize Database Processing
The EXTERNAL library contains the sources used in the presentation "Externalize Database Processing in RPG IV". These examples provide a very basic introduction to the concept of externalized database processing and SHOULD NOT be considered as production ready codeInstallation Instructions
- Download the Externalize Library (EXTERNAL)
- Upload and restore the EXTERNAL library.
- Change the current library to EXTERNAL.
- Review the source members in QCPYSRC and QRPGLESRC.
- Compile the members UTILMSGS and FILE01A using the CRTRPGMOD command
- Use the CRTSRVPGM command to create a service program named EXTERNAL consisting of the modules UTILMSGS and FILE01A
- Compile the member TESTPROCS using the CRTBNDRPG command. This program provides a simple means of testing the file procedures - copy and change it to your hearts content!
Please note that this is not a supported product - the source of the programs is included and you are free to chop and change them as you wish (standard disclaimer follows). Of course, if you come across any bugs please let us know
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Stay on top of download updates, new freebies and other news. Subscribe to our Email Alerts!
* (required field).