ISV Demo Sessions
Valence: A Web & Mobile Framework for RPGers
A modern browser-based web app, no matter what platform it's running on, consists of two primary components:
- the "back end" server-side, where programs typically handle the business of retrieving/updating file data, crunching numbers, etc.; and
- the "front end" user interface, where the data assembled on the back end is presented to the user for review or data entry.
As an RPG developer on IBM i, you already possess nearly all the skills you need to handle (1). This session will introduce you to (2) using the Valence Framework for IBM i. You may be surprised how quickly and easily you can get your RPG programs to talk to the web using this innovative framework that requires nothing more than a web browser and your trusty IBM i-based server.
In this short technical demo session we will unveil the forthcoming Valence 5.1 release and:
- Introduce the Nitro Query dashboard tool, through which elaborate web and mobile apps can be produced with no coding required
- Demonstrate how an RPG programmer can quickly create a browser-based file maintenance app using Valence's AutoCode feature
- Show how developers can modify an app's appearance or behavior using an intuitive drag and drop editor (Sencha Architect)
- Walk through the process of how a user would subsequently log in through their web browser or mobile device to run the app
Web Applications from a Single Code Base
Any web application you develop should work on both desktop and mobile devices. Attend this session to learn how Bootstrap and WebSmart make it easier to develop responsive web applications from a single code base. You'll learn:
- What responsive design is and real-world IBM i examples
- The basics of Bootstrap, the most popular responsive framework
- How WebSmart speeds up development of PHP, RPG and Node.js responsive applications
Profound UI: The Key to Unlocking True IBM i Modernization
Modern, web-based applications can make your Enterprise more efficient, connected and engaged. This session will demonstrate how the Profound UI framework is the best and most native way to convert your existing RPG applications and develop new modern applications for your business. Additionally, you will learn how you can address modernization across your Enterprise, including databases and legacy source code, and integrate new, open source development using Node.js and PHP.
We will demonstrate how Profound UI:
- Goes beyond simple screen-scraping to truly modernize your RPG applications
- Uses RPG Open Access and your own RPG code and development talent to modernize
- Enables rapid development with an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop Designer
- Integrates with our on-the-fly modernization, mobile development, and Enterprise Modernization solutions
- Supports open source languages, including PHP and Node.js
Low-code Development Tools for IBM i
Come to this session to witness the easiest way to build modern, responsive Web applications.
David Brault and Tom Cremieux
MODERNIZATION YOUR WAY: APIs and Web Services
The Role of APIs and Web Services in the Era of Digital Business Transformation
In an age where people expect self-service convenience through mobile apps, websites, and online portals, organizations are focused on improving business insight and expanding customer engagement. To get there, they are orchestrating new workflows and business processes that match how customers and employees work within their new mobile or web environments.In this session, Rocket Software will show you how you can achieve this insight and engagement by going beyond simply re-skinning your existing applications, and instead creating leading edge mobile or web user experiences. We will show you how Rocket API can be used for automatic generation of web services from your existing IBM i applications, without changing a single line of RPG code. Finally, we will demonstrate how you can orchestrate these connections into new workflows and business processes that match the way your users work in the new mobile or web environment.
Modernizing IBMi Documents with TLAForms
Learn how to modernize your forms process and turn your traditional IBM i spool files into full-color, fully-automated forms. TLAForms utilizes a powerful, yet simple designer, that allows anyone in your organization to quickly and effectively create high-quality, professional forms with barcodes, images, boxes, lines, and a wide array of fonts including MICR, with no programming knowledge required. See how these forms are output as PDF documents for automatic emailing, printing, or archiving. Start saving your company thousands of dollars today!>
Speaker: T L Ashford